1. Step 1 – Gather information and ask questions. Feel free to explore our website or contact us directly to speak to a supportive professional at Open Arms for more information. No questions are stupid or off limits!
2. Step 2 – Think about your future. What are your goals? What do you want to accomplish? Are you ready to be the parent you want to be?
3. Step 3 – Contact Open Arms. If you haven’t already, contact us to speak with someone about your concerns, your dreams, and any remaining questions you have. This does not mean you have to commit to anything!
4. Step 4 – Stay in touch. Continue to stay in contact with Open Arms. They will help guide you through this process through problem-solving, help you locate resources you might need, and they will be a friendly, familiar face.
5. Step 5 – Tell us what you’re looking for. When you’re ready, tell us more about what you want out of the adoption process. What kind of adoption you are looking for? What kind of family you’re looking for? Open Arms will help you get started on any forms and paperwork. You are in the driver’s seat throughout this process, and you are not committing to anything at this point.
6. Step 6 – Choose a family! You are more than welcome to start looking at waiting family profiles at anytime during this process. You will let us know what you’re looking for in a family.
7. Step 7 – Create a birth plan. You are in control of how you want to deliver, who will be there, and what you want it to look like.
8. Step 8 – Open Arms is there for you every step of the way, including after you give birth, to continue to support you and your adoption plan.